There is something terribly delicious about the smell of freshly baked cake. It just tempts a person to eat something. Most baking recipes call for a lot of butter and eggs, especially sponge cake that has at least 6 eggs as a basic ingredient.
My husband was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol and advised to watch his diet, which included avoiding eggs and butter. So my search started for a perfect cake recipe that didn’t need eggs or butter. After several failed attempts, I found a recipe and a few tweaks here and there and got my perfect egg-free brownie recipe. Here I am going to share that recipe with you.
All-purpose flour 1 cup or 100 grams
Cocoa powder 1/2 cup or 56 grams
Yogurt 1 cup or 250 ml (It should be at room temperature)
Powdered sugar 3/4 cup or 165 grams
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup or 125 ml cooking oil
1 teaspoonful vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Grease a 9-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Beat the yogurt and powdered sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Add the baking soda and baking powder and stir well. Now let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. You will see bubbles appear, at this point add cooking oil and vanilla essence. Now mix well.
6. Gradually add the cocoa powder and all-purpose flour, in portions, to the liquid ingredients, mix well and make sure there are no lumps.
7. Pour this mixture into the greased baking dish and put it in the oven. Let it bake at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 180 degrees C and bake for another 20 minutes.
9. Bake the cake for 30 minutes, however before taking it out of the oven make sure it is perfectly cooked by inserting a skewer in the center of the cake. The skewer will come out clean.
10. To give your cake a nice golden shine, spread it with a tablespoon of milk or a very small amount of egg 10 minutes before removing the cake from the oven. (I used milk and it gave me a perfect golden glow)
11. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto plate and removing parchment paper.
12. You can decorate your cake with ready-made frosting and enjoy it with tea or coffee.