Edgar Cayce, the clairvoyant physician, in his “readings” suggested using castor oil packets for all types of conditions, from detoxification to arthritis, to improve circulation and increase elimination. In both literature case studies and my practice, I have seen it to be one of the best natural holistic remedies out there. In addition, it is something really simple to do. Simply apply castor oil soaked and slightly warmed woolen flannel to the affected area of your body. Put a heating pad on top and relax for 1-1.5 hours. Wipe off excess oil with a baking soda paste and you’re done.
In my healing practice, I have seen castor oil packets that help with conditions ranging from bone spurs and arthritis to acute injuries like sprained ankles. Castor oil packets also relieve back pain and chronically sore joints. This castor oil application is natural, holistic, and intrinsically wise. When applied to a joint, castor oil helps dissolve everything that shouldn’t be there, like adhesions or bone spurs, leaving everything that should be intact. Impressive. Ready to dive in? These are the simple steps to use this natural holistic remedy.
1. Use official Edgar Cayce castor oil materials. You can order the Palma Cristi Castor Oil and Wool Pack at the Heritage Store in Virginia Beach or at most local health food stores.
2. Follow the instructions on the package but do not boil the wool package in water.
3. Fold package to fit bottom of pyrex brand pan or baking dish. Saturate with castor oil and then heat it in the oven or toaster oven (don’t microwave, ever!)
4. Remove the cloth cover from the heating pad and turn on the high setting.
5. Leave a plastic sheet or a large garbage bag where the packaging will be made to protect the sofa or bed.
6. Fold an old towel lengthwise and place on top of plastic wrap to wrap package and heating pad.
7. If the pack is to be done on the front of the body, place the hot pack saturated with castor oil on the area after bedtime. Place a heating pad on top of the pack and wrap a towel around you and the pack.
8. If the pack is to be done on the back of the body, place a towel with the heating pad on top. Place the pack on top of the heating pad and lie on top of the pack, then wrap the towel around it.
9. Let the pack act for 1-1.5 hours. While the pack is on, listen to soft, harmonious music, or read (or have it read to you) spiritual or uplifting material. No chaos or negative energy, which could pollute the finest bodies.
10. After 1-1.5 hours, remove the package and store in the pyrex container in a cool, dark place.
11. Wash the entire area with a mixture of baking soda and warm water. (Use about a level teaspoon of baking soda and enough water to create a mixture slightly thinner than pasta.) Using an old cloth, rub the entire area with the baking soda solution. This removes any remaining oil and, more importantly, neutralizes the acids that the package extracts, transforming them into harmless salts to be eliminated by the lymphatic system. This is the key to the success of this natural holistic remedy.
12. Other notes:
- It is best to do the pack at night, before going to bed, as this is a very relaxing time. The wool bundle is usually folded in half when applied to the body.
- Better to set a packet do’s and don’ts pace: Monday – Wednesday – Friday, or Tuesday – Thursday – Saturday, or Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday and then stop for 4 days.
- The first pack that is usually done should be done on the entire abdomen to first cleanse the organs of assimilation and elimination. Then the back can often be next, then the specific problem area. Then keep turning. No need to wash the package.