Natural remedies, including those for yeast infections, are recommended by many health conscious people. Of course, over-the-counter medicines and prescriptions can be easily obtained. But natural remedies are also readily available, and are now being turned to by many people looking for long-term solutions to their yeast infection problem. Many of the remedies used for the treatment of yeast are very effective and can be used regularly as they do not cause harmful side effects to health.
Anyone can prepare natural remedies for yeast infection, as these remedies are very easy to do. Most of the people believe that the simplest and most effective cure is available at the local pharmacy or clinic, however they are ignorant of the facts. For example, there are other alternatives such as natural cures that can be easily put together at home, thus saving you money and best of all, you won’t have to sit in the doctor’s office.
A number of natural remedies, which provide quick relief and cure for yeast infection, are available at your local supermarket.
1. Natural remedy: natural yogurt: The most common remedy, which you may already be aware of, is to simply eat yogurt to destroy the yeast. This is due to the acidophilus in the yogurt, which is a winning fighter against yeast. Buy unflavored yogurt that does not contain sugar, as it can be used in multiple ways to cure yeast infection. You can apply it by dipping a tampon in yogurt and inserting it into the vagina, or by mixing it with water and showering. A third option is to freeze the yogurt in popsicle form. At first touch, the cold palette may sting, however you’ll find it eases discomfort almost immediately afterward. Lastly, you can choose to eat the yogurt and have it pass through your body naturally. Usually, the yeast infection will clear up in a few days.
2. Natural remedy – Acidophilus: The benefits of this treatment were explained during the discussion above about plain yogurt. However, pure acidophilus can also be obtained from specific foods, milks, and other dairy products. Read product labels in the supermarket and you will find many foods that contain acidophilus. Health food stores offer acidophilus in powdered form.
3. Natural remedy – Gentian violet: Cover the yeast-infected region with gentian violet. It is strongly recommended that you wear a pad while using this treatment. The effects should be present as soon as the initial application.
4. Natural Remedy – Apple Cider Vinegar: One of the most effective natural remedies for yeast infection is apple cider vinegar. Due to its itching, we do not recommend applying it directly to the skin. It is highly recommended that you dilute the vinegar with water like a douche or add it to your bath water to prevent stinging in the vaginal area.
5. Natural remedy: buttermilk: Buttermilk can be used as a preventative for yeast infections, however, if you already have a yeast infection, increase your intake to at least one glass per day until the yeast infection clears up. By doing so, you are likely to endure the yeast infection for less time.
Please visit my blog for more effective natural remedies for yeast infection and to learn lesser-known treatments to cure yeast infections quickly, safely and effectively.